Another inspiration from Weelicious. My mom and I made these for favors for my friend’s baby shower this past weekend. They are quite tasty and pretty easy to make, especially if you have a food processor handy.
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Butter, chilled & cubed
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor or mixer combine the first 6 ingredients.
3. Add cubed and chilled butter to the mix and pulse/mix until it resembles coarse meal.
4. Add honey and water and continue to mix until it all combines.
5. Remove and shape the dough into a flat disk and place between two pieces of parchment paper.
6. Roll dough out until 1/4 inch thick. Cut into crackers or shapes.
7. Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes **(after 15 minutes made mine were a little too dark, but 13 minutes was perfect).
8. Cool and serve.
- I didn’t have dark brown sugar so I added a little molasses. I filled my 1/4 cup almost full of honey and then added enough molasses to bring it to a full 1/4 cup.
- Make sure that the butter is cold or the dough will be sticky when you roll it out.
- Rolling the dough between two sheets of parchment works out really well – no extra flour needed!
The final product below, I think they turned out pretty cute!