I was really in the mood for some lemon poppy seed bread a while back and came across this recipe in a Kraft e-mail.
1. HEAT oven to 350°F.
2. BEAT first 5 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Stir in poppy seed. Pour into well-greased and lightly floured 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
3. BAKE 50 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 30 min. Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife. Invert cake onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool cake completely.
4. BEAT cream cheese spread and butter with mixer on low speed until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar and lemon juice. Spread over top of cake. Garnish with peel.
Here is my finished product. I have to say it was delicious!
1. The original recipe called for Jello gelatin, but I didn’t read it closely enough and used pudding instead. It turned out just fine with the pudding.
2. I was expecting the frosting to be more like a glaze, but it was thicker as you can see from the pic.